Request for Proposals
Request for Proposal from Indian CSOs
seeking small grant support to strengthen their earned income model
Welthungerhilfe is looking to extend its CSO cooperation in India, by inviting requests for proposal (RFP) from not-for-profit organizations aiming to diversify their funding sources (grants plus earned income). This RFP is invited under a European union co-funded programme aimed at building domestic resource mobilization capacities of CSOs.
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) including Trusts, Society or Section-8 companies, aiming at diversifying their funding sources through sound revenue generating models.
- The earned income model can range from skilling people, providing market linkages, enabling community-based organizations to add value to farm products, rural/eco-tourism, selling products or offering services with impact model focussing on food and nutrition security/conservation of natural resources.
- Only organizations which are willing to utilize the earned income/surplus to achieve their non-profit mission are eligible.
- CSOs having an operating history of over 15 years with strong grounding within the local communities and government.
- Valid FCRA registration at least till 2021.
- Strong human resource bandwidth to allocate for the initiative.
This request for proposal provides a grant of aproximately10,000 Euros to the selected CSOs through a defined selection process.
In addition to the grant, the eligible organizations would receive non-financial support on the following:
- Organizational Development for the CSO and mentoring for the revenue/ fund diversification model.
- Handholding support to develop a clear social enterprise strategy with respect to macro environment.
- Curated tailored handholding sessions on social enterprise functions like financial modelling, marketing and sales, value proposition identification and strategic social business planning support for the team.
- Legal consultation on compliances, administration and reporting within the Indian legal framework.
- Technical assistance on production design, quality management and process optimization through technology solutions.
- Network access to impact investors, banks and other philanthropic funding agencies.
CSOs which do not qualify for the small grant are still eligible to receive the non-financial support mentioned above.
How to apply
Eligible CSOs are requested to express their interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching the following documents before 27th January 2020:
- Filled Initial Assessment Tool (Annex 1).
- A one-page concept note by the organization detailing out the journey it wants to take towards earned income model.
|1. Written expression of interest from CSOs with Organization and filled Initial Assessment Tool (Annex 1)||27th January 2020|
|2. Skype discussion and additional information exchange||29th February, 2020|
|3. Due diligence by visiting field||March-April 2020|
|4. Confirmation & Contract Signing||May 2020|