Programme Finance Officer, Welthungerhilfe India Office, New Delhi
Welthungerhilfe, originally founded in the sixties as the National Committee of the FAO Freedom from Hunger Campaign and earlier called “German Agro Action”, is a secular, non-profit, non-governmental organization in the field of international development cooperation and emergency aid, dedicated to rural development, food security and sustainable livelihoods. Since over 53 years Welthungerhilfe, with its headquarters in Germany, supports voluntary and civil society partner organizations in India. (http://welthungerhilfeindia.org/).
Position Title: Programme Finance Officer
Term: 2 Years (renewable)
Duty Station: New Delhi
Starting date: As early as possible
Last date of application: February 23, 2020
Qualification and Experience
- Well experienced in NGO accounting and auditing system, project finance management and co-finance project funding management i.e. European Union (EU), BMZ or any other bilateral and multilateral donor agencies.
- At least 8 years experience working with INGO/NGO/Bilateral/Multilateral agencies.
- Degree in Commerce, Business Administration in Accounting, Finance Management, Chartered Accountant or ICWA preferred.
- Good knowledge of computer (MS office, Tally etc.) is essential.
- Excellent English and Hindi oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Good management and negotiation skills.
- Willing to travel to remote rural areas.
- Guide, monitor and supervise partner NGO projects funded under European Union (EU)/ BMZ/ other donors on financial and administrative matters, based on need assessment and in collaboration with Programme Coordinator/Manager and Head of Finance.
- Provide technical support to the partner NGOs in accounting systems and financial reporting formats, especially with reference to requirements of international co-funding agencies.
- Build the capacity of local partner NGOs in financial and administrative matters, specifically when projects are co-funded by multiple donors, familiarize partner NGOs with Welthungerhilfe and donor rules, regulations and standards.
- Carry out consultation and monitoring visits to partner NGOs and their projects, facilitate audits and follow up on reports, ensure financial discipline and integrity at NGO partner level in compliance with Welthungerhilfe’s Code of Conduct.
- Understand and is well-informed on local laws on Tax, T.D.S., FCRA, and other applicable laws.
- Ensure timely and up-to-date data and information availability on all financial project and programme matters according to Welthungerhilfe and EU standards.
Interested candidates should write to firstname.lastname@example.org, with their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a short write-up on how they meet the position requirements.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.