) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Communication Officer (m/f)
in New Delhi
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration 2 years with possibility of extension. The place of work will be New Delhi, in India (IN). The position is paid according to Tentative gross salary INR 10-12 lakhs per annum (to be fixed based on previous salary history).
The Communication Officer will mainly support the India country program and will report directly to the Country Director. Contributions are also expected to specific project/s.
With guidance from the Country Director and in close coordination with the rest of the team, the Communications Officer will be responsible for:
- Enhancing the position of Welthungerhilfe as an important player on food and nutrition security in India Developing a communication strategy and high-quality PR material
- Successful fund-raising, and specifically managing relationships with key donors, including donors from the Government, the corporate sector, foundations and philanthropists.
Communication & PR
- Develops and implements a communication strategy.
- Supports and ensures the quality of publications and reports.
- Procures and manages consultancies engaged in communications related work, including contracts and finance.
- Holds responsibility for producing the annual report and for maintaining the website and social media channels of Welthungerhilfe India.
- Supports the Country Director in press-related work, i.e. press releases, press conferences etc.
- Coordinates with the press desk at HQ level on a regular basis.
- Develops and maintains relationships with journalists and other media contacts, and facilitates journalist visits to the projects
- Maintains a contact database, mailing lists, photo archives, and a calendar of PR events
- Regularly updates country office and project information on Welthungerhilfe intranet
- Coordinates with the marketing department at HQ level and provides regular contributions from the projects for fundraising purposes
- Identifies national and international donors in India and maintains the relationship
- Facilitates the visits of public and private donors to projects
- Documents all significant country-level meetings and workshops, assists in organizing such events and bring out publications as and when necessary.
- Reviews publication material being produced within the country.
- Provides editorial support to colleagues, specifically for selected articles and case studies, presentations, background notes, concept papers, training modules and reports.
Support to partners:
- Provides necessary support to project partners on developing IEC material.
- Provides a helping hand to project coordinators on project documentation.
- Builds and maintains an image library with images from projects with proper labelling.
- Be part of emergency strategic teams as per need.
- Supports the project staff in organizing seminars, meetings and workshops.
Any other tasks assigned.
- Advanced degree in communication, journalism, marketing or related field with training and/or experience in food and nutrition security, or vice versa;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in communications work, preferably in a multicultural environment;
- A self-driven worker possessing an ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Fully conversant with the use of new technology for communications and outreach, including the web, multimedia tools and social media;
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills;
- Excellent communications skills in both spoken and written forms, in English and preferably also in Hindi;
- Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels in a multi?cultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Respectful, honest, and understanding of the diversity of staff;
- Values sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning; and
- Experience in engaging with the media.
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 08, 2018.
Expression of Interest
Consultancy service for Crowdfunding & CSOs
Communication, Visibility and Outreach Deliverables
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is one of Germany’s largest private aid agencies. In South Asia, over the past 55 years, WHH has supported over 1500 rural development projects through local partner organizations contributing towards combating poverty, hunger and malnutrition. Our approach is to work as partners and support local organizations in improving living conditions of vulnerable people in a sustainable way.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Brief and Objectives
Welthungerhilfe hereby seeks to contract a communication, social media and digital marketing agency for the period of one year. The agency will be responsible for WHH’s overall CSO program’s social media campaign, website content generation and building capacities of selected CSO’s staff on communication and visibility related areas. WHH wants to deepen its CSO cooperation by supporting them financially through a crowd-funding platform and increase their domestic resource mobilization capacities.
The key objectives include:
- Building the proposed crowdfunding platform as a brand: Increasing traffic, building trust among donors and influencing behaviors towards donations through appropriate content.
- Increase donor engagement by targeting donor segments through social media marketing & advertisement.
- Build capacities and provide support to 40 CSOs on communication, visibility and marketing strategies resulting in their enhanced capacities towards resource mobilizations and fundraising.
- Rationale and Context
The agency shall have two major result areas to deliver upon. Firstly, to design and deliver trainings for CSO’s staff, having following learning outcomes:
- Improvement of the relationship between Civil Society Organizations and key stakeholders.
- Increased capacity of CSOs to engage and become visible in the media – developing public relations and media relation skills.
- Increased capacity of CSOs to use new technologies and new media (social media) for various purposes, including for campaigns, fundraising and advocacy.
Secondly, to provide support in the development of a donation-based crowdfunding platform, including initial content writing, and execute communication strategies, social media marketing and digital promotion f – keeping the SDG goals in mind. Since the platform is expected to go live in the coming 5-6 months, the agency is expected to provide support through the development-phase (August-October 2018), inception phase (Go-Live, Nov 2018 – Feb 2019) and proof-of-concept phase (one year in operations) of the crowdfunding platform.
3.1 Training & Mentoring Responsibilities – The training will cover communication and visibility strategy related topics for 40 civil society organizations working in India, including but not limited to mission and vision, written and visual identities, language, social media & web presence, dissemination and promotion of publications and activities, advocacy, event organization, etc.
- Identify the needs, challenges and opportunities amongst civil society actors regarding the topic of communication, Outreach and Visibility Strategies.
- Deliver a training material, trainer’s manual including training methodology that will build the capacities of CSOs communication and visibility strategy (to be published online by Welthungerhilfe) and along with other necessary and external training materials, among these, PowerPoint presentations, workshop exercises, communication and visibility strategy tools/resources, handouts for attendees, etc.
- Facilitate and conduct training programs & workshops for CSO partner’s staff over a period of one year.
- Plan and provide support during on-the-job mentoring and coaching of CSOs regarding communication and visibility strategy, as requested.
3.2 Crowdfunding Platform Responsibilities– A donation-based crowdfunding platform, keeping in mind the SDG goals, is under development and hoping to get live in the coming 3-4 months. The agency is expected to provide support through the development-phase, inception phase (Go-Live) and proof-of-concept phase (one year in operations) of the crowdfunding platform. The agency shall:
- Act as a supporting agency, to produce required graphics/icons/clip arts etc. during the development of the website (crowdfunding platform) in close coordination with the technical agency.
- Develop a trusted set of influencers/online community who further help to raise awareness about the crowdfunding platform. The key influencers can be: Individual donors, civil society activists, academicians, Civil Society Organizations and their leaders, CSRs and other donor agencies.
- Create complete campaign content (40 Campaigns) for the crowdfunding platform, including stories, pictures, pitching videos, infographics etc. with the sole objective of influencing donor behavior.
- Deliver a comprehensive branding strategy for the social media keeping in mind the objectives and target audience, including a brand story and brand logo for the platform.
- Develop and implement informed, cross-platform social media and digital marketing strategies and support management to make informed decisions regarding digital strategy.
- Develop and share social media plan (starting of every quarter) and management of social media channels.
- Create compelling social media content for digital platforms and systematically grow crowdfunding platforms’ digital donor community. This will include:
- Animated/Static videos/GIFs including conceptualization, scripting, shooting, editing and voiceovers (the team should have the capability to produce professional videos for the campaigns)
- Infographics for specific sectors & campaigns.
- Cover Skins & Profile Pictures for Social Channels.
- Measure and report on social media efforts. Parameters for measuring result of social media campaign can but not restricted to (likes, comments, shares on Facebook, responses on Twitter etc.) and can be mutually decided at later stage.
Questions may be asked through eMail, latest by 20th June 2018 (kindly address your mail to
All questions will be answered latest by 21th June 2018.
- How to apply – Interested agencies can apply either for both the result areas (3.1 and 3.2) or any one of them according to their strengths and capacity by expressing their interest to email@example.com before 30th June 2018 by attaching:
- A technical proposal specifying the overall approach to the execution of the contract; the services to be provided; the experience of the applicant in similar assignments and their proposed team with time commitment.
- A financial offer including each service’s per unit cost (for example Rs. XXXX per unit cost of one 3-4-minute campaign video). For 3.1 all the training related costs shall be borne by WHH partners.
- Time-Period for the contract – To be decided based on round of discussions.
- Evaluation – A committee of Welthungerhilfe will extensively examine all Expressions of Interest and will set up a shortlist of vendors. The selection of vendor shall be based on both technical quality and cost evaluation by the purchasing committee.
Please note –
- The committee may ask for more detailed presentation from the shortlisted candidates before awarding the contract.
- The presentation is in no way binding on the contracting authority.
- Applicants will be informed of their selection & non-selection but scores and other details of the evaluation committee will remain confidential.
- WHH reserves the right to conduct counter-terrorism background screening before finalizing any agency.
- It is understood, that the exact scope of work will be finalized during the later stages of discussions in consultation with the short-listed agencies.