Project Coordinator – Skill building and Livelihoods
Welthungerhilfe, originally founded in the sixties as the National Committee of the FAO Freedom from Hunger Campaign and earlier called “German Agro Action”, is a secular, non-profit, non governmental organization in the field of international development cooperation and emergency aid, dedicated to rural development, food security and eradication of root causes of poverty. Since over 53 years, Welthungerhilfe, with its headquarters in Germany, supports voluntary and civil society partner organizations in South Asia. (www.welthungerhilfeindia.org ).
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Can be based at Delhi or Kolkata
Term: 2 years
Reports to: Programme Manager
Starting date: February, 2021
Last date of application: January 15, 2021
The Project Coordinator – Skill Building and Livelihoods, will be responsible for the management and monitoring of programmes on skill development and market access. The GIZ/BMZ supported Green College programme aims to skill youth in green trades and develop them as `Ecopreneurs’ (https://welthungerhilfeindia.org/initiative/green-colleges-initiative/). S/he will work closely with NGO partners and will be required to travel frequently to project areas in Maharashtra, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Karnataka for monitoring and programme management.
S/he will be specifically responsible for providing support to training institutions managed by the project implementing NGO partners and develop these institutions as self-sustainable rural colleges providing training to rural youth and smallholder farmers.
- Coordinate projects and provide backstopping, advisory support and assistance to partners in project implementation with the objective of achieving clearly defined and measurable outputs
- Promote Green Colleges as self-sustaining institutions and FPOs/community social enterprises promoted by the Green Colleges/ trainees based on assessment of local value chains. Ensure improved access to technology, finances and market for the trainees trained by the Green Colleges.
- Undertake field level monitoring visits on a regular basis and develop well documented analytical monitoring reports of those visits
- Prepare periodical progress reports and consolidated reports to reflect achievement of project targets, document lessons learnt and record project activities
- Facilitate adequate liaison and linkages with relevant networks, government departments and relevant agencies to support programme implementation and advocacy initiatives by the partners
- Ensure identification of training needs at all levels and organize capacity building of partner staff and community on programme components
- Facilitate support to partners in developing quality publications as IEC materials, reports, workshop documents and brochures
- Draw up terms of reference for consultancy and negotiate contractual agreements
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure timely and effective fund disbursement in accordance with contractual compliance.
- Contribute to relevant WHH organisational and country policy discussions
- Contribute to and support in developing project proposals and their submission to donors. A good understanding of designing and managing budgets is essential
- Moderate and facilitate workshops and seminars and ensure proper documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt
- Represent Welthungerhilfe at different platforms, meetings, seminars and consultations
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and as communicated by Welthungerhilfe
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree and experience in agriculture, vocational education and training, enterprise development, rural development, rural marketing or related disciplines
- Experience on promoting community based social enterprises/FPOs and establishing market linkages
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the development sector on results based project management
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English, working knowledge of Hindi, and Bengali will be an advantage
- Strong understanding of sustainable agriculture, livelihood and capacity building issues
- Networking skills
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative approaches and solutions to complex problems
- Previous experience of managing donor supported projects, managing training and capacity building based projects will be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills in packages including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-driven, ability to work independently and within a team, highly motivated and willing to travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Interested candidates need to apply by using our online recruitment system by following the below link:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.