Welthungerhilfe, originally founded in the sixties as the National Committee of the FAO Freedom from Hunger Campaign and earlier called “German Agro Action”, is a secular, non-profit, non governmental organization in the field of international development cooperation and emergency aid, dedicated to rural development, food security and sustainable livelihoods. Since over 53 years Welthungerhilfe, with its headquarters in Germany, supports voluntary and civil society partner organizations in India. (http://welthungerhilfeindia.org/ ).
Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: New Delhi, India
Term: 2 years extendable contract
Salary: At par with other development organisations in India
We are looking for a candidate with multisectoral experience, with focus on food and nutrition. S/he will be responsible for the overall development of the nutrition sector and will support in planning, monitoring and implementation of all initiatives under it. S/he will work closely with other thematic sectors of WHH- agriculture and environment, natural resource management, climate resilience, economic development and empowerment of civil society. This position requires frequent travel within the country for project monitoring and programme development. Main responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen the sector strategy and overall sector portfolio including standards, approaches and indicators.
- Provide backstopping, advisory support and assistance to WHH project coordinators and partners in programme implementation and monitoring with the objective of achieving clearly defined and measurable outputs.
- Design a monitoring framework for the sector and individual projects under it, carry out and support qualitative monitoring, conduct project evaluation and learning processes, prepare qualitative reports to donors.
- Ensure identification of training needs at all levels and organize capacity building of partner staff on programme components.
- Identify financing opportunities in collaboration with the Country Director and Head of Programmes, identify and assess new project ideas on the basis of the country strategy and specific sector strategy, write strong clear proposals with sound intervention logic and design larger programmes.
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure timely and effective fund disbursement in accordance with contractual compliances, draw up terms of reference for consultancies and negotiate contractual agreements.
- Support projects in developing appropriate communication strategies and IEC material.
- Facilitate processes such as knowledge management, innovation and knowledge transfer of the sector to different Welthungerhilfe departments and partners
- Undertake all necessary communication with stakeholders on the sector, prepare and provide programme information for internal and external purposes.
- Identify potential project partners and ensure effective collaboration with partner organisations •Network and represent WHH vis-à-vis other international and national stakeholders, government agencies, donors, and forums important for the nutrition sector.
- Contribute to relevant WHH organisational and country strategy deliberations
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and as communicated by the Country Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in nutrition/ agriculture/ natural resource management/ social sciences/ development management and related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in the development sector at middle and senior management level.
- Strong understanding of issues related to food and nutrition security, sustainable agriculture and natural resource management.
- Excellent advocacy, communication and networking skills, experience in meso and macro level advocacy, networking and capacity building.
- Previous experience of writing high quality proposals, managing grants and supporting CSOs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, excellent computer skills in packages including Microsoft Office.
- Proactive, self-driven, while at the same time being a good team player, highly motivated, and willing to go the extra mile, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Starting date: Earliest
Last date of application: August 30, 2020
Interested candidates should write to firstname.lastname@example.org with their latest CV and a short write-up on how they meet the position requirements.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly welcome application from women candidates.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.