Vacancy Announcement – Project Coordinator
About Welthungerhilfe India
Welthungerhilfe, originally founded in the sixties as the National Committee of the FAO Freedom from Hunger Campaign and earlier called “German Agro Action”, is a secular, non-profit organization working in the field of international development cooperation and emergency aid. Welthungerhilfe’s patron is the President of the federal Republic of Germany. Welthungerhilfe is dedicated to food security and the eradication of root causes of poverty. For over 55 years, Welthungerhilfe supports voluntary and civil society partner organizations in rural India. (www.welthungerhilfeindia.org)
Position Title: Project Officer
Location: New Delhi, India
Term: 24 months contract period with possible extension
Salary: Salary Group 7 (Annual package 14-16 lakhs)
Welthungerhilfe India and Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli e.V are jointly planning a project on Universal Languages for Behaviour Change (UL4BC) and are looking for a national Coordinator. The position is based at Delhi with travel to project regions in Chattarpur and Panna Districts in Madhya Pradesh. UL4BC will be integrated in the larger Sustainable Services Initiative (SSI) of WHH, which is a large multi country program of Welthungerhilfe that focuses on WASH systems strengthening and WASH advocacy to better achieve SDG #6 in the target countries.
The UL4BC approach is based on the universal languages of music, sports and art and is used by Viva con Agua through tools such as Football4WASH (F4W) and Social Art for Behaviour Change (SABC), to trigger sustainable WASH behavior change at community levels and to anchor innovative behavior change communication tools at policy level. The UL4BC with its fun-filled trainings and workshops creates an atmosphere where learning and the application of health-related behaviors are joyful, dignified, celebrated, and acknowledged. Positive effect and emotions play an important role in lasting health-related behavior change and by combining these interventions with the involvement of civil society and subcultural actors, multiplicators and positive role models, capable of raising political and public awareness, the UL4BC helps to establish and strengthen social norms and attitudes relating to sanitation and hygiene.
The UL4BC Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring smooth and reliable support of all stakeholders involved, strengthening communication channels, expanding local networks and communities, and guaranteeing the quality and sustainable implementation of UL4BC-driven BC-activities in some of the target areas of the overall WASH-systems-strengthening program.
Job Description & Activities:
- Support the development of UL4BC content to fit the objectives of the SSI scaling up program
- Coordinate the development and use/execution of tools/methodologies adapted to various levels of the program: Football4WASH, Walls of Water, Mass campaigns, Social Media Campaigns including songs, role games
- Conduct visioning workshops, Training of Trainers, etc.
- Facilitate input and feedback on the Universal Languages for Behaviour Change (UL4BC) from local and national partners in India as well as from the learning & exchange unit of the Global program and the respective departments of VcA and WHH
- Propose new initiatives/improvements based on implementation of the UL4BC
- Assess, mobilise, train, and monitor UL4BC activities
- Support the development of targeting, verification and selection of schools that need support to improve water and sanitation services
- Organize participatory sessions in the schools/communities to identify the deficiencies in terms of hygiene, sanitation, and the use of water
- Support the formation and development of School Health Clubs and link these to the activities under UL4BC (BCC activities)
- Monitor changes in hygiene awareness, attitudes and practice over the time based on the monitoring protocol
- Develop and implement participatory mechanisms to allow communities and other stakeholders to provide feedback on project implementation
- Cooperate and liaise with all stakeholders
- Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders
- Cooperate with government institutions, traditional leadership structures, service authorities, non-government organisations and the local community
- Represent the whole project/program with a particular focus on UL4BC visibility and awareness
- Liaison and cooperate with other nation-wide active partner organisations from the sports sector and other CSOs
- Support field monitoring visits, volunteers, and visitors to the project area
- Support the reporting and marketing of UL4BC activities
- Collect and circulate relevant information, document, and disseminate experiences from the program
- Produce regular verbal and narrative reports on a regular basis (ad-hoc and monthly)
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with a diverse group of stakeholders, particularly local partner organizations, governmental and regional authorities, and international NGOs
- Monitoring and evaluation of the WASH/UL4BC projects
- Preparation and implementation of workshops, ToT for UL4BC activities
- Research and identification of nation-wide active partner organisations from the sports sector and other CSO’s
- Development and implementation of UL4BC project components in accordance with the SSI upscaling program
- University degree in developmental cooperation, cultural studies and/or work experience with an overall knowledge and understanding of complex WASH systems and/or cultural event production and project management
- Former assignment in India, preferable in the context of monitoring visits, event management, public affairs, and the implementation of workshops with different stakeholders
- High level of flexibility with the readiness to travel on a short note, to stay abroad for longer periods and to frequently work in areas with volatile local conditions
- Experience with (impact) monitoring and evaluation systems
- Strong coordination skills with all stakeholders like implementing partners, civil society organizations, government structures, ministries, embassies etc.
- Experience with project management
- Good self-management skills
- Experience in working in conflict areas and security management
- Strong people management and motivational skills
- Intercultural competences and capacity for empathy
- Good communication skills, both written and oral in English and Hindi
- Ability to build and engage in relationships and networks
- High affinity for the universal languages: music, art and sports
- Fun loving, gregarious and committed to grow and nurture the WASH/UL4BC network
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Committed to keeping deadlines
- Passionate and committed to rural development
- Willing to work in a diverse and multi-cultural team
Languages & skills:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Hindi
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Cultural competence/a sense of the feasibility of cultural events in fragile contexts
- Experience in conception and implementation of large cultural / sporting events
- Knowledge of social accountability methods
- Analytical skills
- Good understanding of decision-making and policy processes
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Good working knowledge of Digital data gathering and analysis
- Report writing skills and familiarity with social media platforms
- A meaningful occupation within an innovative, joyful, and international All-Profit-Organization and one of the largest private aid organisations in Germany.
- Co-operation with a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks.
- An opportunity to expand your regional and global network with responsible leaders.
- A flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance.
Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and as communicated by Welthungerhilfe.
Starting date: February 1st, 2022
Last date of application: December 5th,2021
Interested candidates need to apply by using our online recruitment system by following the below link:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.